Monday 28 July 2008

Hepialidae - Fraus fusca

At the time, I decided this photograph was not good enough to post to this blog. However, after having the privilege of an expert opinion on some moth identifications, I've changed my mind!

There is little knowledge about Fraus fusca in adult form and in my area of Victoria (the Wimmera) collections are few and far between.

I will be keeping my eyes open for future sightings of this moth. Data, obviously, is pretty important.

I spotted this one on my doorstep in April this year. It was quite a small moth.

(Click to enlarge)


Identification updates of some Hepialids plus a couple of other moth species will be made shortly, thanks to 'expert opinion'.

I'm very grateful for the assistance I've received.

3 comments:

Duncan said...

An interesting genus JL, I've had a couple come in here, one still unidentified. I'll be looking out for them next season.

Junior Lepid said...

How are you feeling, Duncan?

Yes, particularly as there's not a lot known.

Mosura said...

Nice one!