Thursday 13 March 2008

The Lemon...

...could be in for it! :)

Right on cue, the Dainty Swallowtail returned to my citrus trees this morning.

We are experiencing a heat wave, with hot northerly winds, so I hope any eggs laid are not affected.

I found taking photos of this female depositing eggs quite challenging as they flutter furiously while they lay.



I wasn't going to put the photo below up, but what the heck! Neither are particularly good but I will offer this excuse! Because I'm likely to only get one opportunity as so many of our butts are thin
on the ground around here, I will be grabbing any shots I can with both hands.



I have just braved the ferociously hot northerly wind to take some photos of the cream coloured eggs. If they are any good, I'll add them later.

No comments: